- New command trunk deinit: Remove all traces of trunk from a repo.
- Ability to save GitHub annotations to file for later uploading. This unlocks posting annotations from GitHub forks.
- New command trunk check list: Lets the user know all available linters and how they apply to the current repo.
- Integrate the Rome tool for formatting and linting.
- If the user passed --no-fix, don't show auto-fix prompts at all.
- Add a note to CLI output if there are any failures letting users know they can look at the details files.
- Auto-fix prompts now have the allornoneoptions.
- trunk checknow tells the user know how many issues have auto-fixes.
- trunk checknow tells the user know how many files were scanned.
- Improved onboarding flow for enabling git hooks during init.
- Make it clearer that formatting issues apply to the whole file.
- Show the number of files each tool applies to on init and upgrade.
- When a task failure contains a suggestion, show that to the user at the end of check output.
- Give detailed error messages when trunk cannot determine your upstream git reference automatically.
- Help text improvements.
- Plugins will overwrite definitions instead of merging them, including previous plugins.
- When using @SYSTEMRuby, consider rbenv-installed Ruby versions with the highest priority.
- Add support for additional versions of Python runtimes.
- Make daemon restarts more resilient.
- Fix bug where trunk fmtwould error when passed an absolute path outside the repository.
- When linting C++, allow include scanning to fail for the upstream check.
- Ensure we always shut down the daemon when trunk.yaml is deleted.